AAO Donated Orthodontic Services Program
What Is DOS?
Established in 2009, the AAO Donated Orthodontic Services (DOS) program’s mission is to provide access to orthodontic treatment for low income children who lack insurance coverage or who do not qualify for other assistance in their state of residence.
The program is overseen by a Board of Directors composed of both AAO member orthodontists and corporate supporters from leading orthodontic suppliers. Program development is administered by Dental Lifeline Network (DLN), the largest and most established dental charity providing access to comprehensive dental care for people with disabilities or who are aged or medically at risk.
If you are interested in becoming a DOS program volunteer, call Dental Lifeline Network at 866.201.5906, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or see “How to Volunteer” below.
Donate Through Amazon
AAO Donated Orthodontic Services is now registered on AmazonSmile, the log-in page of amazon.com that enables shoppers to support their favorite registered non-profit organizations. Simply use AmazonSmile to access your amazon.com account and purchase items. Amazon will then donate .05 percent of your purchase amount to the AAO DOS Program if you select it as your registered charity.
To use Amazon Smile:
• Visit https://smile.amazon.com/.
• Log in with your Amazon user name and password.
• Your Amazon Smile account landing page will appear. Choose the second selection option, which is titled, “Or pick your own charitable organization.” A search box will then appear.
To support the AAO DOS program, type Donated in the search box and then:
• Scroll down approximately 12 items to view “American Association of Orthodontists Donated Orthodontic Services.”
• Click on the organization name and then click the gold SELECT box at bottom left.
• The amazon.com home page will then appear, and you can begin shopping.
• Each time you log in through smile.amazon.com, the organization that you selected for contributions will appear at top left. If you wish to alternate the organization that you support from one purchase to the next, click on Supporting, then on Change Your Charity. You will then return to the landing page search box to change your charity setting.
AAO Donated Orthodontic Services, Board of Directors
Dr. Michael Durbin, President
Dr. Aron Dellinger, President-elect
Dr. Ken Dillehay, Director
Dr. Michael J. Foy, Director
Dr. Myron D. Guymon, Director
Dr. Greg Oppenhuizen, Director
Dr. Spencer Pope, Director
Dr. Barry Raphael, Director
Dr. Jeff Rickabaugh, Director
Mr. Ted Dreifuss, Secretary/Treasurer (Henry Schein Corporation)
Ms. Mary Beth Kirkpatrick, Director (Impact 360 Practice Management Consulting Firm)